Monday, December 3, 2012

Minus 2 days.

So these last two weeks in Paraguay (basically since people found out I was leaving!!) have definitely been the most fun .. now that I'm leaving people actually try to put an effort in to doing things with me. This also might be due to the fact that school is finally out. But I also think it's like, OMG she's leaving! LET'S HANG OUT! So that's been fun for me. I wish I would have told everyone I was leaving two months ago. Mwahahaha.

Today I went to Copaco to drink terere with the guardia. Except we ended up taking a paseo around Pilar, and I got to drive the moto! Nery (that's the guardia's name) was like, OK I have to drive from here because there are police.. which I think is hilarious and so Paraguaya because he is part of the police! Or he's not a part of the city police, but still he looks very official and just lol. I giggled in my head. Half way through our paseo the gas ran out but luckily we were really close to a gas station. Except then there was no gas in the gas station. Nery had to take a motorcycle to another gas station and bring gas back and then we continued on our paseo. We visited a neighborhood that I've never visited before, Bario San Francisco. And then we got some ice-cream.

It's over 100 degrees right now and I have been like dying in my room for the last couple hours with the AC that I swear has close to zero effect on the temperature of my room. Well. It has an effect, just not the affect that I am looking for... like I'm wanting a cool 68F and what it gives me is probably 82. Which, yes, is better than 100 but when I ventured out a while ago and my host mom was like, Hmm well we have to tolerate the heat because we pay light bills and AC bills, and we can't just sit under the AC all afternoon. So I was like, ... Ok. And then I got in the shower with all my clothes on. And now life is much more pleasant. Slightly damp but at least I don't feel like I'm frying. I really should have started showering with my clothes on like, last month. I recommend to all future exchange students to try it.

This whole Paraguayan experience has made me appreciate the life's little convinces. Like air conditioning. And heating. And plumbing that can tolerate flushing toilet paper. And like.. less weather affected houses.

But alas, I very much have a love/hate relationship with this country, and there are some things that I am going to miss a lot: for example, what Peet and I call "chao-ing" which is basically saying "chao" to everyone on the street, whether you know them or not. I know that once college started and I'm back in study mode I'm going to miss the tranquility of Pilar. I'm going to miss my friends, la guardia from Copaco and the foreign exchange students. I'm going to miss Lomito Arabe and pan de queso and cheep drinks. And I'm going to miss people speaking Spanish to me all the time.

BUT I CAN DEAL WITH ALL OF THAT BECAUSE
1. FAMILY
2. BOYFRIEND
3. THAI FOOD

= HOME !!!!!!!!!



besos,
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment