Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm in Miami

Leaving Fairbanks was rough, but since last night I have:

1. Befriended a very friendly and quite charming Korean lady named Sunny who bought me a smoothie in LAX and asked for my Skype- "I give you free Korean lesson!" after I told her the only Korean phrase I knew (Na nen kaboogie ka choa = I like turtles), as well as a 17-year-old girl from Brazil that I met on my flight to Miami...

2. Watched like, six episodes of Project Runway because I still haven't been able to fall asleep. We landed at 10.00pm and now it's almost 7.00am so it's been kind of a long night... when I first got to my room the door was kind of propped open with the little extra latch thing and I was like, "What if murderers are in there!!???" But seeing as that was almost eight hours ago and I'm still alive after checking the closet, bathroom and behind the curtains twice, I think it's safe to say that we are murderer-free for the time being.

3. Most important of all, though, is that I have finally found out that I am going to PILAR, PARAGUAY. Currently I have a host mother who is a teacher and two host siblings, and that is all the news on that but it is still very exciting and comforting to me because now I know for sure I will not be wandering the streets. I read a bit about Pilar on Wikipedia. Here are some general facts:
  • Pilar is the capital city of the Paraguayan department of Ñeembucú.
  • It is located along the Paraguay River which makes it a prime location for boating and fishing.
  • There are walking paths, pavilions, and parks located on the shores of the river.
  • It is 222 miles away from Asuncion (the capital of Paraguay.)
  • It is an important center of government and commerce.
  • Pop. = 30,000
  • It is considered one of the safest and cleanest cities in all of Paraguay!! YAY!
  • Also according to this map curtsey of Google, it looks like Pilar is about .00001miles away from Argentina. So I think I'll be swimming there shortly.





Now it is getting to be breakfast time so I will be going now. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment