Friday, July 13, 2012

Practice post!!

HI.

There are now four more days until I leave for (insert city here), PARAGUAY !!!! I still don't have any information regarding my host family or host city... my Pre-Departure Participant Host Country Info Packet explained to me "Hora Paraguay" which basically translates to, kindareallysuperduperslow. I think this is my first encounter with Hora Paraguay, which is great and culturally eye opening except really it's just making me nervous. Also I keep on reading the SAFETY HANDBOOK and WHAT IF... SCENARIOS. It does not help that I have very recently watched the movie Taken and now harbor deep fears of being snatched. Not really but sort of. I might have a titchy bit of pre-departure anxiety.

Paraguay has been in the news recently due to a little switcharoo in their government. President Fernando Lugo is now EX President Fernando Lugo. I find the whole situation confusing and a little third worldishly scary, but according to what I've read and heard Asuncion has calmed down a lot since a few weeks ago... so no need to worry. Plus there are summer exchange students there right now and none of them are getting emergency evacuated back to their countries of origin. So it's pretty much hunky dori. 

That's it. Kbye. 







1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I have been looking at images of Pilar on Google Maps, and it looks like a pretty town. There is even an image of giant mango tree.

    ReplyDelete