Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Few Perks

So just to clarify that I am not completely frustrated at times by Paraguay, which I don't think is the vibe I'm giving off but incase it is... here is a little list of my favorite things about Paraguay.

1. Straws. One does not simply drink without a straw. It's like not believing in Jesus here. Taboooooo. This is a favorite about Paraguay because I love straws. Not because I love wasting plastic. But because I love feeling like a little honey bee sucking nectar out of some delicious juicy flower.

2. The fact that I can bike EVERYWHERE. It's fabulous. Since I can't drive here my bike is my ride. Either that or I'm walking. But I don't care because I love my bike and I love biking and we have had quite some adventures the last couple of months. Yes months, as of this Saturday I will have been here eight weeks. TIME FLIES!

3. My host family and my host house and its location. They are very nice and we've yet to have any problems. Probably because I am the epitome of the perfect exchange student, but who knows. And my house is in the center of Pilar so most things are fairly close.

4. Tiny 200ML bottles of soda for 20 cents. Hello diabetes!

5. The people in general are very friendly and curious. Admittedly sometimes I find this curiosity irrupting on occasion as I've yet to go one day without at least three complete strangers either questioning me about my ethnicity, asking me if I speak said Asian language or just start speaking to me in random Asian languages, just words or phrases from God knows where and then expect me to be able to respond. Um. No.

6. The fruit/vegetable stores. I had the best tiny apple of my life yesterday for 20 cents. I want to own the fruit store. I would sit in there all day and become one with my inner rabbit.

Ok that's all for now. I'm trying to learn our school song right now. Because we sing it every Monday and Friday along with the national anthem and the prayer and I want to fit in. I've got the prayer down more or less. Now on to the school song.

Also one thing that I don't like about here because I just have to get it out of my system. It is very small and fairly irrelevant but it still bothers me. There is a severe lackage of college ruled paper. Wide ruled paper is all I've seen here. And it makes my handwriting ugly. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Flora!

    I love reading about all your adventures.
    This blog is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mallory, Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it!! :) Hope all is well. Flora

    ReplyDelete