Monday, September 17, 2012

What did you learn today?

I learned today in chemistry about how we in America castrate cows and eat their castrated bits. And then, as opposed to the European cows who get killed post-castrating, we fatten up our cows for market. And because of this fattening American cows produce more leather.

I also learned that chinchillas are bred in captivity in very clean cages so that they don't get pee stains on their fur, as pee stains wreck their skin and devalues the market price. I didn't realize there was a big market for chinchilla fur.

There also was a section on horse leather (this entire lecture was dedicated to leather from different animals) and I had no idea that people actually used horse skin. Good thing I am taking this all with a grain of salt, because the single textbook we have looks like it was written in 1980. Not that I am judging it, I actually quite like it because it makes for some interesting conversation. Like for example, today, when I learned the word for castrate in Spanish.

Also the dead cat is back. Some one moved it to the other side of the road and flies are swarming it and I almost ran over it with my bike today. Anyone want pictures?? I took some today! :)


I had harp class today and I think I might quit because the teacher basically ignores me and Sofia didn't sit with me today (so I'm totally not thinking about rethinking my whole children spiel) and it took an like half an hour for Peet and I to get his attention and then when Peet asked if he was going to tune my harp as well as hers, he responded, "Ella no sabe hablar." She doesn't know how to speak. And I was sitting right there with smoke coming out of my ears. Ugh. It's so frustrating.

As of today I have over 1,600 hundred blog views and I'm pretty sure only 300 are from me (before I figured out how to make it so it didn't count when I looked at my own blog) and I'm not sure how many are from my mother, probably at least 500 I'm guessing but that leaves 800 of other people reading what I write!! Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. No, 600 views are from me and about 400 are from your harp teacher wondering what you're saying about him.

    ReplyDelete