Friday, September 7, 2012

More Danza

Yesterday I had danza ritmica at 6.30pm but due to the lack of people that showed up it got cancelled. Except since everything takes forever in Paraguay I still ended up staying there an hour and fifteen minutes.

Then today we had dance practice at 8.00am this morning and I showed up at 8.10 because last night they had given us a lecture on how important it was to show up on time because there wasn't much time, etc, etc. And then the teacher showed up at 8.30am, as well as half of the other girls and then the other half didn't even show up. And so for two hours I just sat on the ground because we didn't do anything. I was frustrated. And now we have practice again at 3.00pm but I'm not going because I have harp and the last two practices have been quite a giant waste of time.

Hora Paraguay is something I probably won't ever understand.

On a more happier side, I've learned some more Guarani.

mmmbar a kai ya - cat
yaa wah - dog
hoo seeh kwa ra huu - here comes the sun
poraaaah - pretty or good
poraaaah hundeh - I'm well, and you?
poraaaah ave eee - I'm well too.
ee teh hop eeh - the finish
oo kai teh - everything well / good wave
oo pai teh - finished, termino

Annnnd some bad words that I'm not going to put on here.

And also the water has been out since like 7.00am this morning. I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment