Friday, September 14, 2012

Sofia

Unfortunately the relationship I never actually had with my harp teacher has taken a turn for the worse. It's really not my fault, maybe like 5% max; he is definitely quite the character. Or character is one way to put it. Anyways this sort of bummed me out originally because I was really looking forward to learning harp... and he has basically ignored me for the past couple of days... but today I have figured out my key to working the system.

Her name is Sofia and she is 10 years old and she is brave enough to interact with our teacher. And so I kind of hang out in the corner while he teaches (this is a very loose form of the word teach) her the next part of the song, and then after he leaves I scurry on over and Sofia shows me what we have to practice. And just because I'm familiar with music and have an age advantage I usually pick up on whatever we have to learn a bit faster and after I've got it down I help her practice. I think this works out quite nicely. It is a win-win situation.

So that is my heartwarming story of today. I have a new, smaller friend and she's actually pretty cute. I might have to think about rethinking my thinks that all small people are small and sticky and irritating!

1 comment:

  1. Post a picture of harp teacher and Sofia and harp!
    Also the lomito please.
    I want to learn to make them.

    ReplyDelete