Monday, September 10, 2012

A pleasant surprise

I no longer live under the impression that the entire country of Paraguay is tone deaf, as last night my ears were serenaded by in tune (!!!) traditional Paraguayan music played by part of the Paraguayan National Orchestra. Wahooo. It was quite enjoyable, even though the acoustics were kind of whack because they played in this cement church and the girl next to me was talking on her cellphone during the concert... whaaat??? But really it just made me miss Interlochen SO MUCH and I can not wait to play violin again for real.

What else is new... my arms are disgusting. Mosquitoes love me here. Almost as much as the old street dwelling men. I will be out running, looking completely disgusting and dripping with sweat and basically emulating DEATH and then out of nowhere these street creepers will be like, OOOH mami, honk horn excessive amounts of time. I feel like here would be an appropriate time to make use of some of my newly learned Guarani swear words. Below is a picture of my right arm. I know it looks like my left but Photobooth is backwards. I am ashamed of myself but I swear the mosquitoes here have some sort of extra tribal strength that make their venom twice as itchy. I really hope that these scars will go away. Like if anyone has any tips.. I'm so desperate. I might even start praying.



No comments:

Post a Comment