Sunday, August 12, 2012

IT'S ANDREW'S BIRTHDAY!

Happy birthday Andrew!! 

Fights not worth fighting: 
My chemistry teacher doesn't believe in evolution. This was not a fight worth fighting. There are a lot of fights here not worth fighting, particularly regarding religion and politics and fashion. For example, I barely protested against the bright pink eye makeup that went up to my eyebrows and fake eyelashes and giant pink earrings and big bling fake diamond necklace that I had to wear as Queen of the Curso for our school parade. (I thought I was going to be Snow White...) Perception of fashion and style here is very different than what I am comfortable with (minimal and classy.) And by very different I meant polar opposite. 

Dinner party: We (class and Flora) went to a dinner party our teacher's house. There was an eight-minute prayer and then teacher gave the boys beer. But before that, I said a little toast, thanking every one so much for being so nice to me and including me in everything... I got a little emotional. But I really wanted to let my class to know how much I appreciate them. 

Birthday party and ears: We went to a birthday party after the dinner that started about 11.30pm. I politely declined every beverage offered to me, even the non alcoholic ones because the public bathrooms here are unusable. I had fun (I left around 2.00am when the alcohol consumption of others started kicking it) but I think I killed my ears. If I ever go to another fiesta I will have to buy some ear plugs. Ears are precious things, as I've learned from my mother. 

Still doing well. August made vegetable soup today. I think she did that because she knows I like vegetable soup and I am sick. 

1 comment: