Friday, August 10, 2012

Tiendas and Pregnant Girl and Remedios

Yesterday we went to Spanish class... but instead of having class we went to a baby shower. At the school. For a girl who's 17 and 7 months pregnant. We sat around with her and her classmates and ate some cookies... it was... different.

Also I've been meaning to write about the tiendas here. Big lovely grocery stores do not exist here, only little shops that remind me of dollar stores. And in the little shops there is everything from undies to mayonnaise in a bag... so if you need to buy gum, rice and Justin Beiber fan t-shirts all at once, come to Paraguay, save time- they're all in the same isle.

And I have a sore throat and you know what people keep on telling me I have to do? Chew magic plants. NO. QUIERO... I'm like, What about some nice Ricola cough drops?? LOL.

Not going to Spanish class today because I'm sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment