Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Health update

Today, finally, two days short of my month sick-erversity the doctor made a house call. I was laying in my bed, feeling bad for myself when all of a sudden a knock startled me out of my self induced sorrows. In came my mother and following her was a little man with a medical bag. I sat in my own bed while he took my pulse and heart rate and told me I had a slight fever and didn't have to go to school tomorrow, yippee. Also he prescribed some medicine to me; I just had my first dose and it tastes like NyQuil and Tylenol had a baby. So far it hasn't helped but since being the patient of a house call at 9.00pm at night my outlook on life has brightened considerably, and I have regained some trust in the Paraguayan health care system.

No comments:

Post a Comment