Sunday, August 12, 2012

Poquito triste.

I'm a little sad because I feel a little Andrew-sick. Also my exchange friends, Julie and Nele can't go out except for school and Spanish lessons so I never get to see them. Bummer. I think they are both changing host families... I'm thankful that I like my host family and that I have as much freedom as I do. For example: I went out all by myself about an hour ago to rent a movie! And it was dark. And I didn't even get lost.

Yesterday I played a concerted with the violinists from Pilar. Nothing like Interlochen, but still a lot of fun. We finished with a Paraguayan Polka and by the end everyone was smiling and clapping along. One of the things I like most about here is that almost everything Paraguayans do they do with a ton of energy and enthusiasm.

I am meeting with a violin teacher here from Korean named Sol this Thursday. I met her yesterday and she seems nice and competent at violin so I am hoping that I might be able to get some lessons from her. Because currently I really have not practiced in like three months. BAD BAD FLORA. But I keep telling myself that I did not choose to come to Paraguay to play violin. I came here to learn Spanish. And that is what I am doing.





Birthday boy!!



While I'm posting pictures... 
FLORA AND HER FATHER! 



Padres.. 




LOOK what I found! Twinsies! So cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment